Applications are now open for the Doug Wisor Memorial Scholarship 2019
Doug Wisor was a brilliant young American-born winemaker at Craggy Range who passed away in New Zealand following a tragic kite surfing accident. During his time with Craggy Range, Doug made some of the finest wines New Zealand has seen.
The Scholarship, first awarded in 2006, supports a young American winemaker to travel to New Zealand to intern at Craggy Range for the 2019 harvest. The Doug Wisor Memorial Fund will provide return airfares from the US, whilst Craggy Range will provide a modest salary and housing and local transportation options for the duration of the harvest, which runs from approximately March until May 2018. The recipient will also be given the opportunity to tour New Zealand’s diverse wine regions at the completion of the internship.
1. Applicant should demonstrate intellect, vision, innovation and practical experience in winemaking
2. Demonstrate why an overseas internship would be important in career development
3. Explanation of mutual benefits likely to both the applicant and vineyard
4. Applications must be clear, concise and easily understandable
5. Please include contact details for at least one recent wine industry referee
Please send a detailed resume together with an essay outlining the reasons why you want to work a harvest in New Zealand. Applications should be submitted by Monday, 1st October 2018.
Applications and inquiries should be sent by email to Craggy Range firstname.lastname@example.org